V/GF Chocolate Chip Cookies
My go-to all year round treat! I love these chewy chocolate chip cookies and they can be made with or without any add ins and they're still so delicious. Adjusted from Milo and Oats, I have been cooking these for years!
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend (I like oat flour or a rice flour blend)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter (Melt or Earth Balance work well)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seed (or ground flax)
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together gluten-free flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small dish stir together applesauce and chia or flax seed. Set aside to gel
- Mix butter and coconut sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in applesauce mixture and vanilla.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough balls onto a cookie sheet and bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Don't over bake, or you won't get the delicious soft and chewy center!